Here's a great tip for a simple shower drain cleaning. Shower drain clogs are usually a result of hair in the drain, and it will stop up the drain like a cork. Here's what you can do. You'll need to remove the screws and drain cover, then:
1. Take a simple screw driver (flat preferred), and an old toothbrush. Tape them together as shown. Be liberal with the tape, as you want it to hold.
2. Place the toothbrush end down the drain until it stops as shown. This is likely where the hair has collected, at the "U" in the trap.
3. Turn the screwdriver slowly, counter or clockwise. Serveral turns. The hair will be caught in the brush brissles.
4. Slowly pull the screwdriver out. The hair will come out attached to the brush.
5. Drain clean. Money saved.
6. Save the tool, you'll need again.